- Postal codes are often used for international payments, in transactions sending goods from abroad to Vietnam. Providing the correct post office will help the goods reach the correct address and avoid loss.
- Postal codes help locate when sending mail, parcels or are used to declare when registering information online.
- To determine the final destination of the parcel, people need the postal code / postal code (or Zipcode, Postal code). New House summarizes all the Zip/Postal Codes of the Postal Code Table of 63 provinces/cities in Vietnam and districts of Hanoi in 2023.
Vietnam Zip/Postal Code Table with 63 Provinces/Cities
|No.||District/City/Province||Postal code(Zip code)|
|2||Ba Ria-Vung Tau||78000|
|30||Thanh pho Ho Chi Minh||70000|
|49||Quang Ninh||01000 – 02000|
Hanoi ZIP Code – Hanoi Postal Code Table in 2023
|3||Hai Ba Trung||97000|
|11||Nam Tu Liem||77000|
Hanoi Postal Code Table in 2023
Some frequently asked questions related to Vietnam Postal Codes
1. How many ways to determine the postal code where I live?
There are two ways to determine the postal code where you live.
Method 1: If you are using the internet, you can look up the postal code of your place very quickly. Please go to the following link: http://mabuuchinh.vn/. Then enter the address where you want the postal code search to results.
Method 2: check the postal seal of the post office in charge of your area of residence. On all letters or documents sent by post, there are postage stamps of the place of sending and the place of receipt. On this black stamp, there are 3 pieces of information: the name of the post office (above), the postal code of the post office (below) and the date of sending/receiving (in the middle).
2. How to write the postal code on the envelope correctly
When writing postal codes on envelopes, note:
The postal code must be followed by the province/city name and separated from the province/city name by at least one blank character.
Printed or handwritten accurately, clearly, legibly.
For postal items with a dedicated box for Postal Codes in the sender’s and recipient’s addresses, each box must have only one digit and the digits must be written accurately, clearly, legibly, without crossing out.
3. Do you need a postal code when buying internationally?
The role of the Postal Code in Vietnam as well as the Global postal code, they are essential for those who are living in Vietnam. With a postal code, you can:
- Send and receive letters and parcels from Vietnam to other countries in the world and vice versa.
- Buy online on websites in Vietnam and abroad
- Payment of international payment cards needs to enter by postal code.
- Find the nearest postal address via the postal code
- Find the fastest federal office address
- Use the postal code to locate your online store
- Postal systems in Vietnam also use postal codes so Residents can send and receive mail, parcels…etc where they live.
Postal codes are essential when making international purchases.
Postal code will help the parcels from abroad to Vietnam convenient and fast
When paying for international payment cards such as Visa Master, JCB Amex Card will be asked to enter the postal code in the payment information.
The postal code is also so that you can buy goods online from abroad to Vietnam, pay Facebook Ads, Google Adwords, …
4. Is the postcode different from the postal code?
Vpostcode is a combination of national postal codes and location codes on Vmap digital maps, applying the latest technologies in creating, assigning codes, managing, searching and locating addresses.
Vpostcode helps the community find the exact location and route, improving efficiency for e-commerce, logistics, delivery, real estate, tourism businesses…etc.
5. Some notes when sending by post
Provide complete and accurate information
It is very important to fill in complete and accurate information of the recipient and sender. In many cases, the recipient cannot be contacted because the address or information is not detailed and incorrect.
Determine the type of goods to be sent by post
Each item will have a different shipping fee. Therefore, it is necessary to determine whether the items sent are parcels, documents, invitations, high value items or fragile goods such as glass, ceramics, liquid goods, …
Determine the correct size, weight, and packaging status of the goods
You need to check the product weight, pack and preserve the goods carefully when sending the goods by post.
Respond promptly when there is an incident
When the recipient does not receive, the goods are returned or lost or broken in transit, you need to quickly contact the post office to have it resolved.